1. Julien, G. (2017). Dr. Gilles Julien foundation | Social Pediatric Centre | CPSG. [online] Pediatriesocialegatineau.com.
2. UN General Assembly, Convention on the Rights of the Child, 20 November 1989, United Nations, Treaty Series, vol. 1577, p. 3, available at: https://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6b38f0.html [accessed 2 January 2019]
3. Gander S. (March 2018). Examining access to psycho-educational assessments for children with behavioural referrals. Oral presentation presented at Interprofessional Health Research Day, Saint John Regional Hospital, Saint John, NB.
4. Subcommittee on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, steering committee on quality improvement and management. ADHD: Clinical Practice Guideline for the Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adolescents. Pediatric 2011 Oct; doi:10.1542/peds.2011-2654
5. Shaw K, Wagner I, Eastwood H, Mitchell G. A qualitative study of Australian GPs' attitudes and practices in the diagnosis and management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Fam Pract. 2003 Apr;20(2):129-34.
6. Salmeron PA. Childhood and adolescent attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: diagnosis, clinical practice guidelines, and social implications. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2009 Sep;21(9):488-97. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-7599.2009.00438.x.
7. Family stressors and traumatic childhood experiences linked to ADHD diagnoses in children [Internet]. ScienceDaily. [cited 2018 Nov 28]. Available from: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/10/161011130010.htm
8. Parry P. The difficulties doctors face in diagnosing autism [Internet]. The Conversation. [cited 2018 Nov 28]. Available from: http://theconversation.com/the-difficulties-doctors-face-in-diagnosing-autism-53731
9. Faraone S. V., Sergeant J., Gillberg C., Biederman J. The worldwide prevalence of ADHD: is it an American condition? World Psychiatry. 2003;2(2):104-113. Available from PubMed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1525089/
10. Clarke, E., Combs, R., Black G., Hall, G. Patient expectations and attitudes towards specialist genetic eye services. J Genet Couns. 2015;24(2) 349-357. doi: 10.1007/s10897-014-9775-7. Epub 2014 Oct 3. Available from PubMed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25273951
11. Stosser, D., Klosinski, G. Patient admission to a child and adolescent psychiatric polyclinic. Referral, patient information, preparation, concepts, expectations and fears of children, adolescents and their parents (article originally in German). Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr, 1995;44(3):72-80. Available from PubMed.
12. Julien, G (2004) A different kind of care: The social pediatric approach. Montreal, QC: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
13. Lynam MJ, Loock C, Scott L, Wong S, Social Pediatrics Initiative. Enacting a ‘RICHER” model. A report to the British Columbia Medical Services Foundation and the Canadian Nurses Foundation. Vancouver, BC.
14. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. (2002). Comprehensive Strategic Plan for Health Disparities Research.
15. ACE Interface: The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study [Internet]. [cited 2018 Feb15]. Available from: http://www.aceinterface.com/index.html
16. Government of Canada SC. Child abuse and physical health in adulthood [Internet]. 2016[cited 2018 Feb 15]. Available from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-003-x/2016003/article/14339-eng.htm
17. ACE Interface: The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study [Internet]. [cited 2018 Feb15]. Available from: http://www.aceinterface.com/index.html
18. Achenbach TM, Edelbrock CS. Manual for the child behavior checklist: and revised child behavior profile. University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry; 1983.
19. Purewal SK, Bucci M, Gutiérrez Wang L, Koita K, Silvério Marques S, Oh D, Burke Harris N. Screening for adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) in an integrated pediatric care model. Zero to three. 2016 Jan;37(1):10-7.
20. Ziniel SI, Rosenberg HN, Bach AM, Singer SJ, Antonelli RC. Validation of a parent-reported experience measure of integrated care. Pediatrics. 2016 Nov 30:e20160676.